Your Rights and Responsibilities
Your Responsibilities are:
- To pay the Meals on Wheels Service for your meals.
- To advise the Meals on Wheels Service if you are not going to be home when the meal is delivered. (If you are not home when the volunteer arrives, the meal will not be left).
- To advise the Meals on Wheels Service if you are going to be absent for any short or extended time.
- To advise the Meals on Wheels Service of your special dietary needs.
- To correctly store your meal immediately if not eaten straight away.
Your Rights are:
- You have a right to express your concerns about the service without fear of losing the service.
- You have a right to have your complaints dealt with fairly and promptly.
- You have a right to be represented by an Advocate of your choice.
- You have a right to be assessed to receive meals without discrimination.
- You have a right to have your specific dietary requirements met where possible.
- You have a right to privacy and confidentiality.
- You can expect that no information about you will be provided to anyone else outside the service without your permission.
- You have a right to view any information about yourself held by the service.
- You have a right to refuse the service without retribution.